Carbury Dam Recreation Area
The Carbury Dam is one of two flood control dams built as part of the Boundary Creek Watershed Project. The Project was authorized on August 31, 1966 under the authority of the Watershed Protection and Flood Prevention Act (Public Law 566) Construction began in June 1981 and was completed in 1982.
It is a multi- purpose structure designed to provide flood-water storage, recreation area, and wildlife habitat. Recreation activities available will be boating, fishing, hiking, swimming, camping, and picnicking.
Drainage Area 19.2 Square Miles
Earth Fill 176.369 Cubic Yards
Permanent Pool Max. Depth 45ft.
Permanent Pool Area 130 Acers
Total Area 411.8 Acers
Total Water Storage 3703 Acre Ft
Flood Water Storage 2503 Acre Ft
Permanent Pool Storage 1200 Acre Ft
If you are looking for information regarding camping at Carbury Dam, contact Melonie 701-263-1766
Located: 4 Miles West, 4 miles North, 1 mile West of Bottineau or 1 mile South, 1 mile West of Carbury.
Rules & Regulations!
1. Park Hours: As Posted on Entrance Gates
2. Observe posted Speed Limits
3. Vehicles permitted only on Established roads & Parking areas
(included motorized Vehicles)
4. Glass beverage containers are not allowed on the Beach
5. Place litter in containers provided
6. Pets on leash only! Pets are not allowed on playgrounds, beaches or buildings
7. Fires in designated grills only.
8. Boats with motors- no wake
9. Fish cleanings in bathhouses, toilets, or on picnic tables are prohibited
10. Firearms & Fireworks are strictly Prohibited
11. Destruction or Removal of natural resources prohibited
12. No Trespassing on the Dam!!
13. Self-register- $20 Per Night; 14 Night maximum (Monthly camping Available by swimming Beach)
14. Quiet Hours begin at 11:00 p.m.
15. Waste disposal- at the designated site.
16. For more Information call (701) 263-1766
17. This park is a first come first serve basis we do no accept reservations!
Thank You - Enjoy Your Stay
This Park is Patrolled by the Bottineau County Sheriffs Department
EMERGENCY CALL: (701) 228-2740 OR 911